70/30

What is 70/30?
My lecturer said it is a ‘You : Me’ ratio in a relationship.
Which means, when committed into a relationship, I’ll give 70% of my heart to you, and the 30% left is for me to love myself.
70% of my heart is occupied by you.
Sounds so nice, right? Oooh~
In other way, it means do not ever give someone 100%!!
It’s a piece of advice from my lecture to one of my course mates, telling him not to be ‘too into’ the relationship, and concentrate on study.

Maybe it is rational to practice this in a relationship.
Sorry, not for me.

I practice 30/70 ratio. It could be said that I am selfish, but dear, I just wanna protect myself.
Had lunch with my law studies lecturer today. He concluded the personalities among each of us. It came to a ‘Wow…huh…’ when he finished mine. So direct and correctly pointed out the problem which I thought I’d hidden it so well.

Yeah, I was hurt before. That makes me so selfish in dividing the proportion now. 30% is for you. 70% is for me myself.

I used to give someone 100% until I get lost in the relationship.
Dare no more…

How bout you?
What is the ideal proportion?
This is an interesting question.
~ whispers in bar ~

No comments: